The sun and hot temperature can be harsh not just on skin, but on hair, too. While there’s sunblock to take care of the skin, what you can do to keep your crowning glory from drying out and looking less than fab?
Pay attention to hair care with these easy tips you can follow.
- Start with a trim to minimize the risk of split-ends getting longer and weak hair snapping off. With a new haircut or trim, your hair will be at its strongest even when the sun is at its harshest.
- Eat well for your hair. Food rich in Omega-3 fats and biotin like salmon, eggs, spinach, peanuts, and avocados help enhance the shiny, bouncy, and healthy appearance of your hair. Protein that you can get from low-fat cheese and Greek yogurt enhances the strength of hair, too.
- Accessorize with your hair in mind. Bring a hat and a scarf you love. These will block sun rays from drying your scalp and reduce the tangling effects of the summer wind. Bonus: they help you protect your nape, too!
- Style with sense to minimize hair stress. Skip blow-drying, hair-ironing and other heat-based procedures this season. Avoid hairspray and styling products with alcohol that can further dry out your hair. Also, use a wide-toothed comb or your fingers to avoid breakage of sensitive hair.
- Shower before swimming. This way, your hair gets to “drink in” better water first, reducing the amount of chlorinated or sea water it absorbs. After every dip, rinse as soon as you can for replenishment, or have a spray bottle handy for after swimming.
- It’s okay to shampoo your hair as often as you feel like it. These days, especially, the weather can make the scalp produce more oil and attract dirt. It’s important to keep the scalp clean so hair grows better. Pick a nourishing shampoo like Nature’s Way Aloe Vera Shampoo and Conditioner which has premium Italian olive oil for shinier, sleeker, and healthier hair.
Total Anti-Dandruff Care contains ZPT Plus and Aloe Vera to remove visible flakes and leave an invisible shield to protect the scalp from dirt. Total Nourishment Care has premium Italian olive oil, Ginseng Plus and Aloe Vera to nourish dry, damaged hair. Total Shine Care also has premium Italian olive oil and Aloe Vera Plus for shinier, sleeker hair. Get salon results wherever you go with Nature’s Way Aloe Vera for guaranteed great hair days.